This presentation will cover the following points:
– Brief history of Sri Lanka Customs;
– Pilferages, leakages and illegal removal of foreign liquor products from duty-free shops and service bonded warehouses;
– Proposal of tax stamps for duty-free liquor under customs control;
– Budget proposal for application of tax stamps in Sri Lanka in 2016;
– Gazette notification of June 2019 for implementation;
– Sri Lanka Customs takes the lead to implement tax stamps on liquor products sold at duty-free shops from July 2019.